Today our kindergarten celebrated the lantern festival joyously with the kids parading their battery-operated lanterns round the school, savouring the mooncakes, pomelos and listening to their teachers’ storytelling of the festival fables. All went well except for one incident when a K2 boy happily took his classmate’s dragonfly lantern with motorised wheels and put it on his head. Guess what happened next? His hair became entangled with a moving wheel ! He was in pain and almost in tears when his teacher quickly came to his rescue. She removed the tangles carefully from the wheel and the relieved kid went back to join his classmates to continue the celebration. This situation serves to warn us that kids are capable of doing things beyond our imagination and we need to warn them in future not to put any lantern with motorised wheels on their head else such consequence will result. Many more joyous lantern festivals to come ! God Bless.